BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gotta do something!

So January is coming to an end, and I never actually sat down and wrote out 'Resolutions.' I kind of had them in my head, but never made them official. I guess part of that was because I know every year that I usually do... I never come through!

This month for me, has not exactly started off the best. My car is STILL in the shop and it is extremely inconvenient sharing a car with my mom when we have 2 opposite schedules and my days are a whole lot longer than hers. I'm also working 6 days a week, so I have the car all 7 days and it leaves my mom without a car when she has stuff she needs to do, and since she can't, I have to run her errands for her! It's really taking its toll on me. I know I'm making good money, but working 6 days a week is really hard in addition to going to school. I have fallen behind in reading and my assignments and I'm costing myself points!!! So far the things I've handed in have been LATE. That's 5-7 points lost for no good reason. I'm just tired by the time I come home and work on my homework assignments in between classes. I'm going to have to talk to my manager about maybe me only working 4 days a week for right now until I get somethings in order! Then if I can handle it all... go back to working 6 days a week. Right now, school is more important to me... but I also have bills so I have to find a means of success somewhere!

My weightloss isn't going so bad! I've lost another 2 ounces... for a total of 8.8 pounds... and I will say anything is better than nothing. As long as the numbers on the scale continue to go down then I am happy in that department! However, I am thinking about canceling my gym membership. I do have an option and a pretty little fee to do that, but I just can't seem to get myself over there to workout. There is a gym at A&T that I can use for "free" so to speak, and I also have a treadmill, elliptical and weights at the house... so really I have no excuse not to exercise... Just have to drag all the equipment out and put it to work! But at this time, I think it's best I cancel it because I just can't continue to waste money on something that isn't being put to use. Plus its hard to get my mom to go, because ever since my mom had Gastric Bypass surgery and she's lost 80+ pounds.. my stepdad acts really funny anytime she leaves the house... it really gets on my nerves to be honest. I'm not fond of my stepdad anyway... i could really do without him. But that's a story I will save for another day!

Well... I'm off to get ready for class at 12:30 and 3:30... Hope you all are doing well!

1 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

I am with you on the gym thing ... get yourself a balance ball, a couple of resistance bands and some dumbells. Get all the work you will actually need, if you go after it.

Thing is, you will have to do super reps to get the tone. Won't get any 'stronger' as far as that, but being a female, I am sure that you are looking for tone and shape anyway.

Hang in there Arriel. Believe in the process ... never forget where you are headed!