BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

AGGIE PRIDE


It's official!!! I am registered for classes and those start tomorrow at 12:30pm for me! I'm excited! I went to the Induction Ceremony this afternoon. It was interesting. I'm only taking 5 classes which was my choice. I met with the Dean of the Psychology department, and he was really nice. Dr. Robinson was his name. He did an override and put me in all the classes I wanted to be in... even if they were full. So it was great to get what I wanted! lol Plus, he even put me on a different curriculum schedule because I already have 2 associate degress so it may allow me to graduate early!! YAY :)

I got everything I needed straightened out with all my health records... They claimed my tetnus shot wasn't up to date... so I had to get another one in the Student Health Center.... it was crazy! This old woman was talking to me then said "I'm going to do the shot breathe in" and as I was about to say OK she jabbed the needle in and said 'Welcome to A&T" lol... it hurt! and my arm is killing me today!!

Of course, I'm not recieving financial aid.... but I went to the financial aid office to see what was available to me... lol NOTHING! So... I've been put on a waiting list for a Minority Pell Grant but chances are I will be done and graduated by the time I get it. Then I applied for the Financial aid for Native American students and couldn't recieve that... because check out their answer.... something about it can only be a NC STATE tribe, and mine in Canadian... LOL so I asked... who do I talk to about arguing it.... because Native American is Native American... whether it be any of the 50 states or Canada... so I had to apply to make an appointment with the Dean of Student Affairs... and it may seem like a waste of time... but I want to know why it's like that!!! But overall, my tuition is not what I thought it was going to be. Only 1800.00.... that's not including books tho... those will probably be about 500-700... as they usually are! Still 2500 for a whole semester isn't bad at all! So I am pretty pleased to say the least. I am tired though! I've done so much running around it is rediculous!! I would love to take a nap... which is probably what I'll do... a 30 minute power nap until I have to leave for work at 4:00...

But just wanted to update... it's official... I'm an AGGIE!!!!!!! :)

5 comments:

Linda said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! Linda

Big Mark 243 said...

Oh wow ... I am just blown away! Great news and you have earned your 'You go girl!'

The school on Market Street ... man, those were some good times!

Big Mark 243 said...

Oh wow ... I am just blown away! Great news and you have earned your 'You go girl!'

The school on Market Street ... man, those were some good times!

Tawnya said...

I am so happy that you got it done!! Congrats!!! You just gotta have faith....hugs

Allison said...

I can feel you excitement. Congratulations! Make it a great and exciting time at that school and I will be praying that you will find some financial aid to help you through. Have a happy weekend.